Q & A Mentioned in 2nd Edition Feelings 101 books
click on either pic to return to the "Hearing God's Voice" (Feelings 101 main page)
This Supplemental Material is for the 2nd edition of Feelings 101.
If you do not own a copy of Feelings 101: Pain to Peace, you should not be on this page. These materials are for your own personal use provided you own the book and are using the materials.
F101 Downloadable HANDOUTS and Workbook/Binder video - you are on wrong page... click here to get to the right page.
The information presented here focuses on spiritual dynamics and practical application challenges and issues which become more apparent in light of the material in Feelings 101: Pain to Peace. Do not interpret the passion and certainty with which we write to mean that there may not be exceptions or other Scriptural teachings relevant to the questions we are trying to address. Be aware that some of the answers to the questions below appropriately assume you are actively working to practically apply the spiritual concepts and dynamics brought out by the exercises in Feelings 101 and that you are familiar with the concepts being discussed from that standpoint as well. Finally, as these answers supplement the material from Feelings 101, the Scriptural concepts, dynamics, and especially some of the terms we use to emphasize aspects of Scriptural concepts, are not re-explained by these answers.
The answers to the questions below were specifically mentioned as Supplemental Information in the text of the 2nd edition of Feelings 101: Pain to Peace (chapter, section, and page are in parenthesis). They are listed in the order they appear in the book. The links will open a PDF in a separate window.
Q&A for 2ND Edition of F101
(In the list below, 2 page numbers are given: the 1st page number corresponds to pages in the SPIRAL version;
the 2nd page number corresponds to the pages in the 6x9 PAPERBACK Amazon version)
1. What is the scriptural (spiritual) heart and how does it work? - Connections and distinctions between the Greek and Hebrew words for heart. (Chapter 1, Big Differences, page 16; 27) Read More
2. Christian Raw Recruits (Chapter 2, Jesus' Life Is THE Example..., page 27; 46) Read More
3. Choice is in the fabric of space and time (Chapter 2, About Our Choices, page 31; 55) Read More
4. What are judgments? (Chapter 2, Exercise 2, page 38; 69) Read More
5. What are religious/moral judgments? (Chapter 2, Exercise 2, page 38; 69) Read More
6. How can we say we are really in control of our lives if we are consciously aware of such a small percentage of our total experience? Why is this relevant to the Christian life? (Chapter 3, Minding How God Made Our Minds, page 45; 83) Read More
7. How is relationship one of God's invisible attributes that can be clearly seen? (Chapter 4, Intro, page 51; 93) Read More
8. Isn't a self-image thought selfish and therefore not so important in terms of godly living? If they are so important, why are we not more aware of our self-image thoughts? (Chapter 4, UNtrue Self-Image, page 54; 99) Read More
9. How many personal UNtruths do we have to deal with? (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth, page 56; 102) Read More
10. What is the Holy Spirit's role in helping us discern when certain conscious thoughts are built on UNtrue unconscious thoughts? (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth: Questions, page 61; 112) Read More
11. Peter tempted at Jesus' arrest. (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth: Questions, page 61; 112) Read More
12. The temptation of Eve. (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth: Questions, page 61; 112) Read More
13. How was Jesus tempted in the Garden of Gethsemane? How does Jesus' example show us about heart disturbances, self-image thoughts and temptation? (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth: Questions, page 62; 113) Read More
14. Is our old self just a habit of the unconscious? (Chapter 4, Personal UNtruth: Questions, page 62; 114) Read More
15. Where do misinterpretations and miscommunications come from? (Chapter 5, Intro, page 67; 122) Read More
16. What if I don't feel much? How can I be sure I am really paying attention to God's Spirit in my heart? (Chapter 5, Peace of Christ, page 71; 128) Read More
17. How do we know what the new self really looks like? How can we know we are not being duped by our old selves? (Chapter 5, Peace of Christ, page 71; 129) Read More
18. What works can we do that are greater than what Jesus could do (John 14:12)? (Chapter 5, Peace of Christ, page 71; 130) Read More
19. How did God design the biology of our brains (minds) such that we experience heart disturbances whenever our unconscious thinking is being influenced by Satan, i.e., by a personal UNtruth? (Chapter 5, Renewing Of The Mind, page 76; 138) Read More
20. How did God design the biology of our brains (minds) such that the mind can be renewed as a result of transforming heart disturbances to peace? (Chapter 5, Renewing Of The Mind, page 76; 138) Read More
21. How do my preferences and desires relate to acting in God's Truth about me versus personal UNtruth? (Chapter 6, 7 Spiritual Principles "How To" Reference, page 91; 163) Read More
22. How can listening to the Holy Spirit help me deal with painful memories? How do I get awful dreams or nightmares to stop? How do dreams/memories apply to trials? (Chapter 7, Spiritual Patterns, top of page 101; 182) Read More
Extra Q&A for Both Editions of F101
The five answers to the questions below are not tied to a specific place in Feelings 101: Pain to Peace. They do supplement the material in Feelings 101 on the whole. These are a couple additional questions that were asked of the authors by different believers (who actively worked with the material in Feelings 101, but prior to the original release of the book).
1. I don't learn new skills well; is the skill of listening to God applicable for all believers? Why do some people have an easier time learning new skills? Read More
2. Why do some people seem to be more successful at living better and more enjoyable lives than others? Read More
3. Why do some people seem to experience less pain than others? Why do some people experience more pain? Read More
4. How do we know whether the conscious belief we have is based on a personal UNtruth? How can we know if our actions are based on the Truth behind our religious and/or moral values? Read More
5. How is prejudice related to personal UNtruth? Read More
The material on this page is an excerpt from
Feelings 101: Pain to Peace,
and has been adapted with permission for this website.